Play an active part in this dynamic event program by submitting a proposal to present at NEALI ALC 2017. Help create an innovative and informative program, grow your professional network, gain personal recognition, and highlight your institution’s achievements. Submit a proposal by June 30, 2017 to share your best practices, stories on successful collaborations, future directions and solutions to community-wide issues.
This year NEALI will offer various formats to engage participants throughout the conference.
- Keynote Speaker – 60-90 minute keynote address.
- Breakout Session – 60-90 minute interactive breakout sessions.
- Panel Discussions – 60-90 minute expert panel discussion around a topic intended to engage all participants. Must include a minimum of 30 min. Q&A
- Training/Workshop – 3 hour interactive workshop and training session.
- Research Roundtables – 30 minute presentations regarding past or present research focused on a topic related to the conference strands.
Proposals will be judged on their relevance to the conference strands, content quality, clarity, creativity, usefulness and logical organization. Proposal submission should address the following criteria:
- Identify appropriate audience(s) for the session (i.e.,teachers, counselrs, campus leaders, central office leaders, and higher education)
- Clearly state how the content supports at least one conference strand and makes a positive contribution to education
- Document, where appropriate, relevant credible academic research, external evaluation or other documented successes
- Provide specific outcomes for the session participants. Sales promotions are not permitted.
- Presentations must be limited to one(1) hour, unless therwise noted.
GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
- Presenters must also be available to present at any time during the conference.
- Proposals must address one of the approved strands.
- Proposals must be typed and submitted by the lead presenter on or before June 30, 2017.
- Presenters can generally expect 100 - 150 conferees. Please prepare sufficient handouts for your session. Sales promotions are not permitted.
- Written notification on the status of your proposal will be emailed or mailed to the lead presenter by July 10, 2017. Additionally, a list of the NEALI sessions and presenters will be posted to the website.
- All presenters whose presentations are selected will receive free admission on the day of their presentation. Presenters must register and pay registration fees (Single Day Registration - $199) for any additional dates by October 15, 2017. NEALI does not pay honorariums or assume travel, lodging, or other costs.